Monday, June 21, 2010

A Midsummer Afternoon's Post

Hi! Just wanted to update again. And yes, I realize I called this midsummer even though technically today is the first day of summer. It's midsummer for school. So there. :) I stayed home from work today (second sick day in two years...I think that's passable) and decided to update this a bit now that I'm finally out of bed. So here goes!

Rich is done with his spring term class! Yay! He's taking a short break now before classes start up again in the fall. And by "break", I mean he's still working full-time and attempting more side-projects than he probably has time for. Welcome to our life. :P We both have new callings in our ward and are trying to keep up with those in the midst of high-turnover summertime.

We also got a new* couch (* = used)! It's comfier than our old one, and has a sofa sleeper thingy-ma-bob. So we're in the sleepover business for anyone that needs a place to stay. :) There may be a picture of it posted herein sometime in the future. No promises...sorry.

Also, a note here expressing appreciation for both mothers and fathers. I don't think I mentioned Mother's Day in the last post, and yesterday being Father's Day, I thought I'd write something here! I was privileged to come to a family with wonderful parents. They both worked so hard to provide for us kids, both in physical needs and in knowledge and love, and they continue to work hard to keep doing so. I know that whenever I need anything, I can call and they are more than willing to do whatever they can to help me out. Both of my parents are strong in their testimonies of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and that is what matters more than anything else - yet they are wonderful in so many other areas as well. Rich also was blessed with amazing parents and they've been so loving and welcoming to their new kids-in-law these past couple of years. :) Yay for such wonderful parents all around! I couldn't ask for better.

Well, it's about time for sleep...so I'd better go. Thanks and I hope you're all doing well! :)

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Hope you feel better soon! (((HUGS)))

Carina said...

You're cute, little sister :) I didn't know you were sick! I kinda wondered why you were home so early when you mentioned going to get the couch last night, but wow. Get well!

Yay for good parents indeed. We do have good ones, and it makes me happy that you love your in-laws so much =)

Anonymous said...

It's easy to be "good parents" when your kids are so fantastic on their own! We love our amazing kiddos. Happy about the couch--we may take you up on that sometime. Meanwhile, get well and stay that way. Miss you.

Brianne said...

You guys need to learn how to take breaks. One, you only having taken two sick days in two years is just heinous. I know you've had more sick days than that. And Rich needs to learn to take a real break, too. Learn from my example: next two months, no work, no school, just play =) with some reading and research, of course, but nothing too demanding. Haha

I fully support the use of improvisation in what time of the year it is for the sake of giving your blogpost a creative title. I do that sort of thing all the time.

And I need to see this couch of yours.

Yay Mommies and Daddies!