Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fourth of July

We went to Stadium of Fire this year! I thought it would be something that Kirsti would enjoy, since one of her favorite country singers was performing. I kinda hoped it would be a belated birthday present; her birthday kind of got short shrift because of Maggie's birth! Ryan and Brianna joined us, and it was a really great time.


Brad Paisley was the main concert this year. I have to say that whatever else you may think of country music, they do sing about the most "real" topics of any genre. This one was about "Waitin' on a Woman."


The fireworks were pretty impressive; of course, they're far more enjoyable when viewed in person, not in still photos!


Some more fireworks. Man, I love it when stuff blows up (usually)!


The attendees (besides myself):


Here's Maggie as Lady Liberty; the torch should be in the other hand, but we won't hold that against her. It might catch her on fire.


Maggie likes to help her daddy cheat at Rook by looking at other players' cards and telling him about them. Her Darth Maggie costume is appropriate.


Opa und Oma Lee sind am 4. Juli angekommen! Hier ist Maggie mit ihrem Opa.


Fireworks were a new and startling experience for the young girl! Good thing her grandma was there to hold her.

No comments: