Sunday, September 18, 2011

August


August is normally a pleasant, relaxing month (as long as you have air conditioning), but this year it must have gotten some kind of monster-creating virus. It was the busy month that wouldn't die; with all the stuff that we had to get done, this August lasted well into September! Still, we had some good times and things have really worked out pretty well. Here are some pictures and annoying commentary:







Here we see my birthday celebration; since we were heading out to Florida, we celebrated on the Sunday before. Was good times. I got a new version of Small World. Whomever is reading this, we should play it sometime.







Most pictures we have from the Dahle re-onion in Florida are of sunsets. We kinda failed on that one (no temple pictures? Precious few of people? Where'd they go?). Thanks again to Mark and Lana for both putting us up and putting up with us!










Here's a pelican.














Look! Three generations! All female!










After we got back from Florida, but before we left for Pennsylvania, we had a celebration of steak and peanut butter bars. It was on August 15, but I can't seem to remember exactly why we were celebrating then...







On the 19th of August, Ryan and Brianna got married in Washington, D.C. Here are the Lees and Demoses that were there! We didn't get any good pictures with Sonnefelds...sorry. If somebody sends us some good group shots, we could maybe put one up...










We're always dignified at weddings.












It's a good thing Brianna can roll with the punches. I think Ryan was trying to sell somebody something.











A type and a shadow of things to come...
Also, Maggie is just a sack of potatoes sometimes.











But what a cute sack she is! The bow in her hair is courtesy of Kirsti's visiting teacher. As they say in Idaho, "she done a well job."










I started at Microsoft on the 22nd of August (flying straight from Philadelphia to Seattle for New Employee Orientation). They had Legos in the meeting. I built a German Y-Wing.






Maggie has been doing a lot of new stuff lately, too. These aren't necessarily chronological, but here are a few things Maggie's been up to:






Storytime! This is part of our bedtime routine for Maggie. She was a bit leery of the googly eyes in this book...










Maggie doesn't crawl yet, but she gets awfully close. She just needs to figure out forward motion while not falling sideways...











Thumb-sucking is a very recent development. She likes to add a mocking gesture if she can.










Maggie can't move forward, but she sure is good at scooting backwards and turning/rolling! She seems to enjoy scooting under things, too.






And finally, Maggie has really been enjoying playing with her parents. We've taken a number of videos, and we're trying to figure out the best way to share them with people. Below is our latest attempt (Blogger uploads all failed), and it seems like a fitting conclusion to this post:

Maggie Hams It Up

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I love the expression Maggie is making while her daddy is reading her a book. Priceless.

Rachel said...

Maggie is so cute! I love the picture of her backed under the couch. And your job sounds way too cool. Of course, we would LOVE to play small world with you. Let's set a date!

Destiney said...

The video is just precious! It totally made me smile. Just what I needed during my "break" from hw. Thanks K & R! Oh and Maggie too!

Brianne said...

Sorry I never got around to commenting on this...I meant to sooner! Favorites = wide-eyed Maggie being put in the dryer, Ryan looking like a salesman while Brianna is being silly, Maggie's face while Daddy reads her a book, and her triumphant/silly face after scooting herself underneath the ottoman. And of course, I love Maggie's adorable giggles and happy screams in the video. That sure is one cute littl'un you've got there! Also, good work on the German Y-Wing, Rich. Haha.