Sunday, October 30, 2011

Did I mention we saw a Plants vs. Zombies house?

Hey, I think we managed to make Halloween posts for two consecutive years!

This year we decided to try and get more creative than we did with "Bump, Set, Spike."  Ours still took some thinking, but people were able to figure it out at the Halloween party this year!


This was mine; not all elements of my costume are clearly visible.  That bag I'm wearing is my Microsoft bag from NEO in August, and the other thing on a string is a powder horn.  Also, that is not an ushanka (thanks, TF2!), but a coonskin cap.


I think Kirsti's is the clearest.  Believe it or not, she cut all of those flames from a single piece of paper (per color, I believe)!  Amazing, eh?  Her "tail" kind of blends in with her skirt, but be it known, that is a tail.


Maggie's costume was by far the simplest.  It's supposed to be shiny, so when she soaked her dress with drool, it only enhanced the effect!


Here's the three of us together.  Can you guess the theme (and each costume)?  The answers will probably show up in the comments pretty quick.


Brianna was just feeling high on life for this party.


Ryan just came for the chili (won 2.5 awards at two Halloween chili cook-offs (is that a Utah tradition?)).

I just had an incredible urge to put a semicolon at the end of those parenthetical statements...


I thought Brianne's costume was a little hard to decipher, but clever work.  Note the wand.  She'll probably explain it herself in the comments.


The Allemans did a theme as well; (there's my semicolon!) Joshua saw this fireman costume with his parents and decided that's what he wanted to be.


This view of Cody's back is important for understanding his costume.


And here are all the Allemans!  I've always wondered what if there were lots of fires in Dalmatia...

Turns out to have nothing to do with it.


Here's everybody at the party!  There were probably a good 10 chilis, plenty of cornbread, and some great desserts (notably a brain gelatinish thing, some well-decorated and tasty cakes, and what I think were pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  They were amazing).

There were some creative costumes at the party as well; (aha!) among my favorites were the Judds' depiction of the construction on I-15 (terrifying!) and a family dressed as an Ewok, a Rebel soldier, and the forest moon of Endor.  I wish I'd gotten more pictures while we were there.  Oh well, and happy Halloween!

6 comments:

Svedi Pie said...

Browsers galore (Kirsti was the main giveaway - but her costume was pretty great!), I prefer Maggie mysely and she is adorable. I also really liked Carina, Cody and Joshua Fireman themed attire. I didn't get Brianne's costume though.

Anonymous said...

Okay so don't laugh, but here's what I got: Rich: Daniel Boone or some such. Kirsti: Firefox. Maggie: Google Chrome. Joshua: Fireman. Cody: Firetruck-ish. Carina: Dalmation firedog. (I think you were a doggie when you were little too!) Brianna: Hippie. Ryan: Ryan. Brianne is a wizard trying to dress like a Muggle and failing miserably.

Mamapierce said...

So fun!

Brianne said...

Mom, did I tell you what my costume was or did you guess it correctly? And you're going to have to rethink Rich's -- remember that his is linked to Kirsti's and Maggie's (which you did get correct). Everything else was right, though =)

James and Jamie Miller said...

Boo. (from James)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I realized later that nite that Rich was IE. Lame on my part!