Just a short post tonight --- there have been requests for pictures of this year's Halloween costumery, so here they are, after a picture of Kirsti's latest award, the Golden Flyswatter, awarded for valorous achievement in the struggle against the airborne stinging insect menace!
(Kirsti: There were two wasps inside the house. It was just me and Maggie at home. I am very scared of bees outside, so you can imagine how I was with wasps inside the house, with a curious toddler...there were tears before I steadied myself enough to vacuum their guts up. Anyway, on to Hallowe'en!)
As usual, I won't straight-out tell you what our costumes were, only that there is a theme. These two probably give it away anyway -- this one's a little easier than last year.
Would you believe she put those glasses on herself?
Don't want to leave anybody out! This costume will be most obvious in April.
Somebody got my sign and hat to send me a message at the ward Halloween party!
Unfortunately, we didn't get more pictures at the party, but it was pretty fun! We were late (the last chili there, I think), but still won the award for the spiciest chili. Our downstairs neighbors (who cater) won the tastiest; we like to keep the chili awards in this house! A certain little Magpi helped her dad put chairs away under the stage, too -- she saw me pushing the cart and just walked up and started pushing, too! Good times were had by all. More later. Maybe.
6 comments:
Well, are you the seasons? Fall, winter, summer, and spring?
Are you expecting a baby????
Rachel, you got it! Your grand prize is a night for your whole family to hang out with the Lees! (it's Halloween, the prize had to be scary...) :)
Jill - yep! I guess it's not really officially announced since we didn't put it on Facebook, though...
We can always count on you for a Halloween surprise! Thankfully you have friends who can figure out your theme before I do...I would have been here all night. But yeah,I get it! Cute, esp the Maggie-girl's. She's too cute for words. Nice trophy for the wasp incident. Wish I could have done more than just moral support across the miles! Love you all.
Nice... and congrats on the baby!!! SO EXCITING!
Post a Comment